Packed with protein, fibre and vitamins — stuffed aubergines and apricot chickpeas are tasty and good for you. This easy Middle Eastern cuisine serves two.
1 1/2 tbsp oil
120g cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp Mindful Chef Middle Eastern spice mix
50g dried apricots, roughly chopped
80g brown rice
1. Preheat oven to 220C / gas mark 7. Simmer rice in 400ml of boiling water for 25-30 minutes.
2. Cut aubergines in half lengthways. Lay flesh side up on a baking tray, slice diagonally 1cm deep into the aubergine in a criss cross pattern and drizzle over one teaspoon of oil on each half. Sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until soft.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan with two teaspoons of oil and fry the onion for five minutes. Stir in the Middle Eastern spice mix and chickpeas and cook for three minutes. Add the apricots and cherry tomatoes and cook for a further two minutes.
4. Remove the aubergine from the oven, spoon out the flesh and roughly chop. Stir the aubergine flesh into the pan with the chickpeas. Drain and add the cooked rice. Stir well to combine.
5. Stuff the aubergine halves with the rice and chickpea mix. Place the rocket on two warm plates, top with the stuffed aubergines. Drizzle over the tahini and zest over lemon.
Recipe and image by food box service Mindful Chef