A summer vitality dish, this quinoa bowl with chickpeas and tahini dressing is ultra-healthy and delicious. This easy recipe takes 20 to 30 minutes to rustle up and serves two.
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1 can chickpeas
2 cups white quinoa
Spices (1/4 tsp ground cumin, 1/4 tsp turmeric)
1/3 cup tahini
4 tbsp rice vinegar
4 tbsp olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Rinses quinoa in a sieve to remove bitter flavour and transfer to a saucepan. Add one-and-a-half cups of water, a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
2. Place cucumber in a medium bowl. Add two tablespoons of rice vinegar, one tablespoon of oil, half teaspoon of salt and toss to combine.
3. Drain chickpeas, dry and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with one tablespoon of oil, and season with salt and several grinds of pepper. Grill for six to eight minutes, shaking sheet halfway through, until chickpeas are golden and crispy.
4. Whisk together tahini, turmeric, cumin, remaining vinegar and oil and two tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Mix in a quarter teaspoon of salt and several grinds of pepper.
5. Slice tomatoes and season with salt. Fluff quinoa with a fork and divide between two bowls. Add cucumbers, tomatoes and crispy chickpeas and top with dressing and mint.
Recipe by Dawn Perry / Image by food box service Marley Spoon