A super convenient ravioli lasagna with Italian salad and croutons — it is baked and served in one skillet. The serving time is 20 to 30 minutes and you can expect four helpings.
1 packet cheese ravioli
1 cup tomato paste
1 cup fresh mozzarella, sliced
Fresh basil sprigs
1 cup red wine vinegar
1 romaine heart
Can chopped Italian tomatoes
1 ciabatta roll
1 shallot, peeled
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450F / 230C. Thinly slice one tablespoon of the shallot. Finely chop the rest.
2. For the sauce, heat some oil in an ovenproof skillet. Add the finely chopped shallot and cook until softened. Stir in one tablespoon of tomato paste and cook until sizzling. Add tomatoes and half of the basil sprigs, then season. Bring to a simmer and cook for four to five minutes.
3. For the lasagna, add one cup of water to the skillet mixture and bring to a boil. Add the ravioli and cook for five to six minutes, stirring occasionally. Take off the heat and fold in half of the mozzarella and top with the rest. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is browned in spots.
4. Cut the ciabatta into one-inch pieces and bake until toasted, then set aside. For the salad, cut romaine crosswise into bite-size pieces. In a bowl, whisk vinegar with one tablespoon of oil and season. Add the thinly sliced shallot (and let sit for five minutes) and combine with romaine and croutons.
5. Let lasagna sit for five minutes before serving. Scatter with remaining (torn) basil before serving alongside salad. Enjoy!
Recipe by Grace Parisi / Image by food box service Marley Spoon