Enjoy a taste of Asia. This fragrant Thai green vegetable curry with lime will have you dreaming of a getaway to Bangkok. It takes just 30 minutes to prepare and serves two.
1 aubergine, cut into bite-sized pieces
150g fragrant basmati rice
50g flecked coconut cream, roughly chopped
3 kaffir lime leaves
15g fresh root ginger, finely chopped
2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
1/2 red chilli, half finely chopped; other half deseeded and cut lengthways
30g roasted peanuts, finely crushed (in a bag)
80g sugar snap peas, chopped lengthways or roughly
120g tenderstem broccoli, chopped in half (separating tips from stems)
1 vegetable stock cube
10g fresh coriander, finely chopped
Salt, sugar, vegetable oil
1. Boil rice in 350ml of water. Once boiled, simmer for 15 minutes or until water has absorbed and rice is cooked. Then remove from heat and keep covered until serving.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Add aubergine and a generous pinch of salt and cook for four minutes or until beginning to soften and brown. Add Thai green curry paste, chopped chilli and ginger and cook for two minutes.
3. Dissolve coconut cream and vegetable stock cube in 350ml of boiled water. Add juice of half a lime, one teaspoon of sugar and kaffir lime leaves and mix (this is your aromatic stock).
4. Add aromatic stock to pan with broccoli stems, reduce the heat to medium and cook for three minutes. Add broccoli tips and sugar snap peas and cook for another two minutes or until tender and sauce has thickened to a thin curry-like consistency. Remove from heat and add coriander.
5. Serve the Thai green vegetable curry over the rice. Garnish with the chilli rounds, crushed peanuts and a wedge of lime.
Recipe and image by food box service Gousto.co.uk