Red lipstick is not just makeup, it’s a fashion statement. Nars makeup artist Anna Priadka shows how to create fresh skin perfectly offset by a statement red lip with an ombre effect. Scroll below to see the tutorial for spacenk.com and shop your favourites from the AW17 collection.
1. Start by mixing two types of Illuminator (Copacabana and Hot Sand) directly onto the skin. Use fingers to apply to the highest points on the face where the light would naturally touch (the cheek bones and bridge of the nose).
2. Create a subtle contour using a shade that’s one tone darker than your skin. We used Velvet Matte Foundation Stick in Macao. Apply straight onto the skin in one stroke and use fingers to blend in. Always blend the product upwards for maximum lift.
3. Use the Soft Matte Concealer to conceal under the eye area, reducing the appearance of dark shadows.
4. Brush the brow down to see any gaps. Fill in the gaps using Single Eye Shadow in Bengali.
5. Apply Audacious Mascara to both the upper and lower lashes. The innovative wand has 200 individual teeth to pick up the hairs and create fluffy lashes. Use the crown of the brush to tease the lashes into place.
6. Apply Powermatte Lip Pigment in Light My Fire to lips, all over using the precision wand to create the perfect shape. Don’t forget to line the inside of the lips first, taking the pigment all the way to the edge.
7. Now go in with the Precision Lip Liner in Porquerolles to define and fill in any gaps.
8. Create the ombre effect by outlining the furthest edges of the lips with Velvet Eyeliner in Black Moon. Roughly sketch your desired intensity and then soften and blend with Precision no.14 brush.
9. Finally, apply a finish coat of Powermatte Lip Pigment in Don’t Stop.