modern smoky eye is effortlessly cool and yours can be too, thanks to phenomenal makeup expert Rebecca Clarke. She breaks down her process so you can master a deconstructed smoky eye with a modern high-shine finish. So when the education director for luxury brand Kevyn Aucoin compiled a six-step how-to for spacenk.com, we were waiting with pens poised. Scroll to see her foolproof guide and shop your favourites from the AW17 collection.
1. Build a lightweight to medium coverage using the Etherealist Skin Illuminating Foundation for a natural base.
2. Brighten the under eye area and lighten any dark shadows with the Etherealist Super Natural Concealer. Use a fluffy brush to buff the product out.
3. Use the Precision Liquid Liner to create a solid line all the way along both the upper and lower lash line for the start of the perfect cat eye. Drag the liner out of the corners of the eye and pull upwards to create a winged effect.
4. Press the darkest shade from the Essential Eye Shadow Palette #2 all over the eyelid, building the pigment on top of the liner and taking up to the crease. Smudge the shadow along the lower lash line for a smoke effect. (For softer alternatives, use a dark brown eye shadow over the socket instead of a black.)
5. Soften the colour along the socket line using the Sculpting Powder to diffuse and merge the shades.
6. Push the Eye Pencil Primatif in Basic Black along the top of the lash line to blend further and add depth and definition. Finish by pressing the Exotique Diamond Eye Gloss in Glaxary on eyelids (or lips or on the highest point of your face to create a 3D highlight).